Blackjack in Indonesia vs America: Differences from East to West
When we talk about the game of Blackjack, there are many different ways that one can play. For instance, in Indonesia, they have a version called “Double Jack,” which is played with 2 decks of cards and contains no Jokers. In America, the most well-known version is called “Twenty One.” The goal for both games is to get as close to 21 as possible without going over.
Differences between Blackjack in Indonesia vs America:
- In Indonesia, the card values: Ace=11, Jack=12. In America, the card values: King = 13, Queen = 12 and an Ace can be counted as either 11 or 14.
- In Indonesia, there are three ways to score points in “Double Jack,” which is played with two decks of cards containing no Jokers – by getting 21 on both hands without going over 30; by having a total higher than 20 but less than 25 when splitting pairs that add up to more than ten (e.g., four Queens); or by having a total greater than 30 but lower than 40 after splitting all pairs.
- The player may not take another turn if their remaining hand has too many points for them to cut it down enough to match or beat the dealer’s hand.
- In America, if a player has 20 and splits their hands by drawing one card per hand, they must draw an additional card for each hand.
- Another difference between Blackjack in Indonesia and America is that when a player has “natural” 21, meaning both hands are at least as close to 21 without going over it, they win double his bet or stake from the dealer.
If not possible with two decks of cards containing no Jokers – for example, if the total after splitting pairs equals 40 – then there’s still an alternative way to win automatically by getting 30 on either hand.
You can enjoy this game at Bandar bola today!